Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year with a Daily Resolution

This year, I have made the decision to create a new year's resolution not to have any new year's resolution. I always fall into that nonsense of setting some goal that seems improbable and then falling short. It never worked.

So, this year I have made the decision to just live each day in a resolution. The idea is to say to myself each day, "today, I will ______________", and then do it. I can't fail with this one. I can make the decision to do something difficult or not so difficult. For example, "today, I will not eat sugar." I can pull this off for one day, but after that, it is simply too much for my sweet tooth to handle. I can do or not do just about anything for a day. No problem! Somehow, my mind goes on the defensive if I tell it to behave a certain way for more than one day. I never really understood why. However, my experience has been just that.

So what am I willing to give up or give into for a full day? A partial list will include: chocolate, afternoon naps, conflict of any sort, go work out (period! no excuses!), stand up on the tram no matter what, drink more water and call someone I haven't talked to in a long time.

The list can go on and on. It is really an experiment in the making. I can free up time each morning to think about it and then have a resolution each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment