Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

Poland Holiday

Today, the day after Easter, is an official holiday here in Poland. Everything (except emergency services) is closed and honestly, this is so difficult for this American. I really don't know what to do with myself. I guess the idea is to stay home with family and enjoy down time. But for me, down time means I get to go somewhere ... movie, malls, coffee shop, restaurant ... that is not possible today. A few paces may be open, but one would have to search for something to do. Today is also pretty cold out, so walking through a park could be an option if one is willing to dress for winter. So, I find myself looking at TV and writing and drinking coffee and cleaning the flat and doing whatever is in front of me. I guess there must be a purpose to all of this, I just cannot figure it out. I cannot sit still for too long without losing my mind. So, this type of holiday makes me creative. I have to find things to do and I think this could be the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment