Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

In Memory of MLK

I was a young kid when Dr. King was assassinated in the United States. As I get older, I understand more and more the depth and love of his message to all people. He understood the need for all people to show love and tolerance to each other. He understood the need for all people on earth to appreciate and learn from each other. Of course, Dr. King wasn't the first person to share this type of message. The world has had many great teachers ... some well known and some not-so-well known. My wish on this special day is that we open our eyes and see that we truly are connected to each other. We need to make only a small effort to see how similar we all are.

I am a transplant to Poland. As I live my life here, I am dependent upon the basic understanding that I may look different, but I can relate to people around me. I just need to be open and make a little effort.

1 comment:

  1. My 8-year-old son's french dictee (he's in french immersion) during MLK week was the French translation of "I have a dream".
    What a great learning moment around the kitchen table that week.
    I enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete